A Step-by-Step Guide to Recreate Lisa’s Glitzy Debut as MAC’s Global Ambassador
Here's exactly what you'd need to achieve a megawatt Blink – haa, you see what we did there!| October 19, 2020
Blackpink needs no introduction. The K-pop phenomenon is undoubtedly the biggest girl group in the world. From being the first K-pop band girl group to ever take to the stage at Coachella to raking in record-breaking sales with their latest album, The Album, the leading ladies are no strangers to history-making firsts. The latest in the lineup comes by way of Lisa’s appointment as MAC Cosmetic’s new global brand ambassador.
The 23-year-old is the first-ever female K-pop star to become the face of the cosmetics brand. Scrolling through Lisa’s Instagram feed, it’s easy to see why. Not one to shy away from bold choices in the beauty department, the pop star has in the past sported embellishments on her face, baby blue eyeshadow, and vibrant red eyeliner – all very much in tandem with MAC’s motto of embracing individuality.
“I have always been a big fan of MAC! I like how the brand turns makeup into a form of self-expression which always gives me great confidence on stage,” revealed Lisa in the brand’s official statement. “Together with MAC, I am excited to invite and empower more audiences as we both have individuality and diversity at our core.”
In the first official image released by MAC Cosmetics, Lisa ups the ante on her signature razor-sharp eyeliner with purple glitter. The glitzy look comes as inspiration just in time for the holiday season. Now, here’s everything you need and need to do to recreate Lisa’s holiday-ready look. Are you taking down notes?
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
1. Even out skin tone with Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 for an immaculate matte finish that won’t budge or smudge.
2. Dust the high cheekbones and bridge of your nose with Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Show Gold for a peachy pink, luminous glow.
4. Line upper lash lines and inner corner with Brushstroke 24-Hour Liner in Brushblack.
6. To smoothen lip texture and prolong your lipstick wear, apply an even coat of Prep + Prime Lip and let it set for a minute.
7. Swipe on Lisa’s go-to hue, Powder Kiss Lipstick in Mull It Over, for a neutral pop of moisture-matte colour.
What To Read Next: Beauty Wars: Our Favourite Serums for Every Skin Cause, We Took Dua Lipa’s Party-Ready Bejewelled Look on a Test Drive and A One-Minute Skincare Hack for Quick Mornings and Late Nights | Cover Collage: Qide Sim. Images: MAC Cosmetics.