5 Perfectly Proper Reasons To Start Wearing Bell Sleeve Sweaters
The time to embrace sweater weather is nigh, even if local temperatures aren't entirely on our side.| November 6, 2017
Hold up – is that rain and thunder, we hear? Are those flashes of lightning? Can it be that the tropical equivalent of fall has descended upon us at last? Ladies and gents, sweater weather has finally arrived and while we know in our hearts that the chilly weather is as fickle as a kid in a candy store, we’re still taking every chance to bust out the knits by the horns.
While there’s no fault in the classic grandpa cut, we’re also turning our eyes to the bell sleeve sweater. It’s a little more la-dee-dah with the big sleeves, but if you think about it, the bell sleeve sweater has several advantages over the regular sweater. Consider the following:
1. A wider sleeve means better ventilation. If the weather changes, you’ll get more air up those knits.
2. Bigger sleeves also means they’re easier to cuff and roll up. Refer to previous point. Those with sleeves that run wide throughout – like this one from The Row and this one from Ellery – are also extremely handy when you need to double up the layers on your upcoming winter holiday.
3. We love a statement-making staple. The bell sleeve sweater is fall’s answer to the statement sleeve shirt.
4. Party season is a-comin’, which means boogie’n is also a-comin’. The bell sleeve sweater will keep you warm and give you that Saturday Night Fever pizzazz when you break out the air points.
5. Party season also means a lot of food. Like, a lot. Depending on the size of your sleeve, bell sleeve sweaters can hide anything from fistfuls of peanuts and sliders to flutes of champagne. (The Petar Petrov sweater that Yoyo recently wore in Hong Kong can hide an entire chocolate salami.)
Petar Petrov Ribbed Cashmere Sweater
Acne Studios Wool-Blend Turtleneck Sweater
Ellery High Neck Bell Sleeve Top
Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Ruffled Cable Knit Wool-Blend Sweater
The Row Bell Sleeve Cashmere Silk-Blend Knit Top
What To Read Next: The Anatomy of The Fall Trophy Dress, Trend Alert: The Deconstructed Trench Coat and Conversations: Ada Kokosar On Her Insane Paciotti By Midnight Collection | Main Image: YOYOKULALA.com, wearing Petar Petrov ribbed cashmere sweater