Tried-and-Tested Tik Tok Recipes That Won’t Disappoint
You can't trust everything you see online but these fuss-free recipes have our seal of approval.| June 2, 2021
Way back then there were cookbooks. Then came the mobile apps for recipes at your fingertips. And now, we have Tik Tok which delivers super quick and fuss-free recipes for anyone to claim their chef’s hat in the kitchen. Quite literally as easy as 1,2,3, some of Tik Tok’s most popular dishes don’t actually require any cooking. So, even if your culinary experience and expertise total zero, you won’t possibly go wrong with a #FoodTikTok endeavour.
Whether you’re looking to whip up an effortless dinner after a long day or impress guests with your limited culinary chops, Tik Tok makes it all that much easier. Fret not, you won’t run the risk of burning down your kitchen. Put on your apron, pick a recipe, and you’re all set. We’ve of course taken the liberty to try out the viral recipes ourselves. You can’t trust everything you see online but here are three that won’t disappoint.
Baked Feta Pasta
1 Block of Feta Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red Chilli Flakes
220g Cherry Tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a baking dish.
3. Add a block of feta in the middle and add another glug of olive oil along with some red pepper flakes.
4. Bake for 30 minutes then turn the temperature to 450F and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the feta is brown and the tomatoes have burst.
5. Remove the baking dish from the oven and add chopped garlic and basil. Stir and serve!
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Milk of choice
1/4 cup Mashed Bananas or Apple Sauce
1 1/2 tbsp sweetener of choice
1-2 tbsp Nut Butter of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Stir all ingredients, blend if desired, and pour into an oven-safe dish. Use a deeper dish if you want it gooey inside or a wider dish if not.
4. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove the baking dish from the oven and add your desired toppings. Tuck in!
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Pinch of Salt
1. Chop the corn into riblets.
2. Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, chilli powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Brush the mixture over the chopped corn.
4. Lay the seasoned corn on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 375F for between 25 to 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
What To Read Next: KULALA Weekends: Equate Coffee, A Minimalistic Enclave for Caffeine and Canelé, A Three Course Meal Recipe for an At-Home Fine Dining Experience, and Meet the Lumpy Sofa That’s All Over Instagram | Cover Image: Qide Sim.